Thursday, August 31, 2006

Dance of the Happy Shades


More Alice!

Okay, so I read this book this summer and forgot to blog it, but attached to this book are memories of... sitting in the radiology unit at the Kitchener hospital, taking the train from Kitchener to Kingston, and spending my first night in Kingston. This is Munro's first book, but in some ways, she was an amazing writer from the start. The stories in this book are threads of what were to come in Munro's other short story collection--ie., there's little bits of everything from Lives of Girls and Women to Runaway to Friend of My Youth on its pages. Lotsa ideas that were played out in later works.

My enthusiasm for reading all of Munro's books in a year has waned, but my appreciation of her writing definite has not. ;)

No comments: